- BEng, MSc, PhD
- Doctoral supervisor
- Professor of Measurement and Control
- School of Electronics Information and Engineering
- Beijing Jiaotong University, P.R.China
- Electromagnetic Tomography,
- Rail Inspection
- Measurement and control system
- Railway Signaling
- 407 Zhixing Building of Beijing Jiaotong University
- No.3 Shang Yuan Cun, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.China
- Zip Code: 100044
- Telephone: +86-10-51688753
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://emt.bjtu.edu.cn
Ze Liu received his PhD degree in measurement technologies and automation equipment at Tianjin University, Tianjing, China in 2002. Then he works in Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, P.R. China.
In 2008 he has done postdoctoral research on non-destructive testing for one year at the Sensing, Imaging & Signal Processing (SISP) Group of the University of Manchester, UK. From 2010 he has been invited by the PML(Physical Measurement Laboratory) of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as guest research to design meaurement instrumentation system.
- Fieldbus control system and distributed control system (for master students)
- Sensor and Measurement Technology (for undergraduate students)
- Sensor and its applications (English Teaching for undergraduate students)
- Industrial Process Control (for undergraduate students)
- Intelligent Measurement Instrument Design (undergraduate students)
- Automatic Control Components (for undergraduate students)
- Principle of Personal Computer and Its Interface Technology (for undergraduate students)
- High speed rail wheel’s inspection with electromagnetic tomography method, NSFC No.61771041, 2018-2021
- Development of power plant unit economy analysis aystem, 2016-2018
- Development of vehicle-mounted online electromagnetic broken rail detection instrument, NSFC No.61227002，2013-2016
- Rail inspection using electromagnetic tomography and eddy current technology, 2007-2009
- Cathodic protection of steel in concrete in seawater environment 2008-2009
- Development of a Train Break Test System (TBTS) based on wireless communication 2005-2010
- Multi frequency parallel excitation electromagnetic tomography and its Image reconstruction algorithm 2004-2006
- Development of a railway signalling light system based on dual-fieldbus and Two-out-of-Two structure 2007
- Development of a portable railway signalling track signal decoder using SoC system 2004
- Prototype design of a parallel video enhance system using Xilinx FPGA 2003
- Development of a prototype Electromagnetic Tomography (EMT) System 2001 (Ph.D)
- Development of an intelligent controller base on Fuzzy and PID used in distributed control system 1997 (MSc)
- Yuan W, Liu Z, Li Y, et al. Study on the Laser-EMAT integrated system for simultaneously measuring the width and depth of metal plate[J]. IEEE Sensors Journal, 2021, 21(5):6270-6279.
- Huo J, Liu Z, Wang Y, et al. Fast Electromagnetic Tomography Image Reconstruction Algorithm Based on Dimension Reduction Technique[J]. Sensing and Imaging, 2020, 21(1):2
- Yong Li, Ze Liu, Wei Yuan, Pengfei Zhao, and Yuanli Yue. Analytical Model and Analysis of Spiral-Coil EMAT above a Ferromagnetic Plate[J]. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 2020, 56(9): 6200710.
- Yong Li, Ze Liu, Yu Miao, Wei Yuan, and Zheliang Liu. Study of a spiral-coil EMAT for rail subsurface inspection[J]. Ultrasonics, 2020, 108(10):106169.
- Yong Li, Ze Liu; Xianglong Liu, Pengfei Zhao, Tianbaige Liu, High-Speed Electromagnetic Train Wheel Inspection Using a Kalman-Model-Based Demodulation Algorithm, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2019, 19(16): 6833-6843
- Xianglong Liu, Ze Liu, A novel algorithm based on L-1-L-p norm for inverse problem of electromagnetic tomography, Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, 2019, 65: 318-326
- J Xiao, Z Liu, P Zhao, Y Li, J Huo, Deep Learning Image Reconstruction Simulation for Electromagnetic Tomography, IEEE Sensors Journal 18 (8), 3290-3298, 2018, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2018.2809485 [SCI]
- Yiping Cheng, Ze Liu, Refinement of a Newton reciprocal algorithm for arbitrary precision numbers, 2016 International Conference on Progress in Informatics and Computing (PIC). Proceedings, 13-17, 2016; DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/PIC.2016.7949458; 23-25 Dec. 2016, Shanghai, China; Publisher: IEEE, Piscataway, NJ, USA
- Vasic, D. ; Ambrus, D.; Bilas, V.; Pengfei Zhao; Ze Liu, Analytical modeling of rotating field eddy current sensor for nondestructive testing of tubes, 2016 IEEE Sensors. Proceedings, p 3 pp., 2016, 30 Oct.-3 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICSENS.2016.7808648; Nov. 2016, Orlando, FL, USA
- Liu, Z., Li, W., Xue, F., Xiafang, J., Bu, B., Yi, Z., Electromagnetic Tomography Rail Defect Inspection, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Year: 2015, Volume: 51, Issue: 10, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2015.2430283 [SCI]
- Koffman, A.D., Lee R.D., Lee L., Shields S.H., Liu Z., Wang Y., Programmable capacitors developed at NIST, 29th Conference on Precision Electromagnetic Measurements (CPEM), 2014, pp478 – 479 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CPEM.2014.6898467
- Z. Liu, A. D. Koffman, B. C. Waltrip, and Y. Wang, “Eddy Current Rail Inspection Using AC Bridge Techniques,” Journal of Research of the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST), vol. 118, pp. 140-149, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6028/jres.118.007 [SCI],Journal of NIST,
- Ran Zheng; Ze Liu ; Yingfei Lu; Lixiong Zhu; Xiufang Sun, Multi-frequency least squares demodulation method in electromagnetic rail inspection, 2013 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST), Pages:363-5, 22-23 Oct. 2013, EI Accession number: 14064792
- Z. Liu, G. Yang, N. He, and X. Tan, “Landweber iterative algorithm based on regularization in electromagnetic tomography for multiphase flow measurement,” Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, vol. 27, pp. 53-58, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.flowmeasinst.2012.04.011 [SCI]
- Z. Liu, M. He, and H. Xiong, “Simulation study of the sensing field in electromagnetic tomography for two-phase flow measurement,” Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 199-204, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.flowmeasinst.2005.02.008 [SCI]
- M. He, Z. Liu, X. Y. Xu, H. L. Xiong, and L.-a. Xu, “Application of perturbation methods to image reconstruction in electromagnetic tomography,” Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 205-210, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.flowmeasinst.2005.02.009 [SCI]
- H. Xiong, M. He, Z. Liu, and L. a. Xu, “Electromagnetic tomography (EMT): image reconstruction based on the inverse problem,” Progress in Natural Science, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 470-474, 2003.
- Z. Liu, L. Zhu, S. Ren, A. Koffman, B. C. Waltrip, and Y. Wang, “Electromagnetic rail inspection using AC bridge measurements.”2012 Conference on Precision Electromagnetic Measurements (CPEM 2012), p 724-5, 2012.
- Z. Liu, L. Zhu, A. Koffman, B. C. Waltrip, and Y. Wang, “Digital lock-in amplifier for precision audio frequency bridge.” 2012 Conference on Precision Electromagnetic Measurements (CPEM 2012), p 586-7, 2012.
- Z. Liu, W. Jia, L. Zhu, and X. Zhang, “Rail defect inspection using alternating current excitation coils with digital demodulation algorithm.” Proceedings 2011 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC 2011), p 4 pp., 2011.
- Z. Liu, Y. Xu, X. Zhang, Y. Pei, Y. Cheng, and W. Yin, “Simulation Study on the Characteristics of Carbon-Fiber-Reinforced Plastics in Electromagnetic Tomography Nondestructive Evaluation Systems.” Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation (ICMTMA 2010), p 382-5, 2010.
- Z. Liu, W. Wang, X. Zhang, and W. Jia, “Inspection of rail surface defects based on image processing.” 2010 2nd International Asia Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (CAR 2010), p 472-5, 2010.
- Z. Liu, X. Tan, and W. Jia, “An Image Reconstruction Algorithm Based on Tikhonov Regularization in Electromagnetic Tomography.”2010 International Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation (ICMTMA 2010), p 488-91, 2010.
- Z. Liu, and X. Sun, “A novel design of train air brake test instrument.” 2010 IEEE International Instrumentation & Measurement Technology Conference – I2MTC 2010, p 637-40, 2010.
- Z. Liu, W. Yin, and X. Sun, “Design of Electromagnetic Tomography system based on integrated impedance analyzer.” 2009 IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC), p 1721-4, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IMTC.2009.5168734
- Z. Liu, W. Wang, and X. Zhang, “Application of Online Collaborative Documentation and Knowledge Sharing Platform in Research Team.” 2009 International Conference on Information Management, Innovation Management and Industrial Engineering (ICIII 2009), p 593-6, 2009.
- X. Li, W. Yin, Z. Liu, P. J. Withers, and A. Peyton, “Characterization of Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composite by Means of Non-Destructive Eddy Current Testing and FEM Modeling,” 17 th world conference on Nondestructive Testing, 2008.
- Z. Liu, M. He, and H. Xiong, “The design of a sensor with flexible circuit excitation in electromagnetic tomography system,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 276-281, 2005.
- L. Ze, H. Min, X. Hanliang, and X. Ling-an, “Boundary magnetic signal demodulation of electromagnetic tomography system.” 2004 7th International Conference on Signal Processing Proceedings (IEEE Cat. No.04TH8739), p 519-22 vol.1, 2004.
- “Zhijing Excellent Young Teacher Award” of Beijing Jiaotong University, 2014
- First Prize of Research and Scienticfic Paper of School of EIAE in Beijing Jiaotong University, 2012
- Science and Technology Progress Award of Kunming Railway Bureau, 2011
- Excellent Teacher of Beijing Jiaotong University, 2005, 2010, 2013
- Selected as a member of Hongguoyuan Talents Training Plan, 2009
@ Magtomo Lab